Monday, October 09, 2006

McWasteful

Those who know me personally are familiar with my "thumbs down" campaign involving HUMMER. Every time I see/pass a HUMMER on the road - I roll down my window, stick an arm out, and give them a stern "thumbs down". In part it is supposed to be silly, but my burning desire is to hopefully make the person feel like an idiot because hi, you're driving a HUMMER on concrete and its just plain wasteful. I am yet to really get any sort of response, heck maybe they don't even see me do it, but that's me doing my part.

I'm not here to defend the stance that a HUMMER on the road is equal to about 3 compacts in terms of consumption and waste, if defense is even needed. However, the goofy troop over at EWG (Environmental Working Group) have put together a website sharing their disgust for the recent PR alignment of McDonalds and HUMMER. They were (are?) putting toy replicas of the mammoth road destroyers in their Happy Meals. A wonderful product of the [rant] site at www.ronaldmchummer.com is a hilarious McDonalds sign generator (called Sign-o-matic) allowing you to customize clever McDonalds signage to portray whatever you like:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: